2- ... that people who receive financial help for a veterinary emergency be given the opportunity to return their gift by becoming mentors, by volunteering for VEFM, or by supporting the VEFM fund financially.
3- ... that it is the responsibility of both the local pet-owning and veterinary communities to make emergency care available--that this is not a national responsibility but a grass-roots responsibility.
4-... that the vision of VEFM will extend to communities all across the United States, possibly even the world.
Friday, January 23, 2009
1) In order to help the pet owners we want to help, we need money---not just a little money---we need a lot of money.
2) Although God does sometimes work this way, the chances are the money is not going to drop in our lap out of the blue unless we go out looking for it.
3) The process of going out looking for money is called "solicitation."
4) In the state of Massachusetts, one is not allowed to solicit for a charity without having a "Certificate of Solicitation" and one cannot obtain this without filling out a certain form, put out by the Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General (Division of Public Charities). That form is called Form PC, which must be completed every year.
5) We have this form in hand. Now all we need is the $50 that must be submitted along with our application. One would think that this would be easy to obtain. However, there are 2 problems: (a) So far, we have sold very few calendars, and printing costs used up the little we had in the VEFM bank account. (b) Because of winter time and the slowing economy, the veterinary business is also slow and my income has dropped so low that it is all we can do to pay for food and shelter. We have no personal money available to put toward that $50. Anyway, pass the word that any donations at all to help us obtain that $50 would be gratefully received. Please go to our web site at http://www.vefm.org and click on "donations."
Do You Need Assistance to Pay for Emergency Treatment?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~WE CANNOT HELP YET~ ~ ~ ~ ~
PLEASE HELP US, SO THAT WE CAN HELP OTHERS
UNTIL WE ARE SET UP TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS, PLEASE REFER TO THE FOLLOWING LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS WHO MAY BE ABLE TO HELP:
http://www.fveap.org/sys-tmpl/door/ --Calif. only; cats only;
http://www.catsincrisis.org/ --Cats only;
http://www.labradorlifeline.org/ --Labs only
http://www.doberman911.org/index.html --Dobermans only
http://www.pbrc.net/fund/financial.html --Pit Bulls only
DOGS OR CATS (OR OTHERS):
http://www.ashleyfund.org/index.html --N. Carolina only
http://www.nysave.org/about.html --NYC only (5 boroughs)
http://www.bearenfoundation.org/funding.htm --Lane county, Oregon only
http://www.pgaa.com/animalhelp.html -- list of agencies that help injured animals
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~